Sunday, March 2, 2008

Just one more MEME...please?

After you read just one MORE MEME - funny how these things suck you in! Right? Or is it just me? - Anyway, after the fun - scroll down for something VERY serious! Something I need your support for!

OK - onto the FUN! Tracy from Rambling Thoughts of the Neverending Mind tagged me for this MEME! She ROCKS!

1. What is your occupation?

I run a pretty decent sized corporation. I am in charge of running the whole gig. I have an assistant who really picks up the slack when I am out on the road or buried under other obligations. I am a Mom. A mom with a great husband!

2. What color are your socks?

Oh, shoot! I had really fun striped chenille socks on....but I changed into simple gray ones because I put on clogs and I had a paisley hair wrap on and the chenille on my feet and the wrap on my head didn't jive. Had I known I would have to tell you all what socks I had on...I wouldn't have switched!

3. What are you listening to right now?

Oprah's BIG GIVE! How did I not know about this show? This is a show MADE FOR ME! What a dream come true to have the time and the soul purpose to bless other people the way they deserve to be blessed. Now, a new show "The Newlyweds" is on - this looks like I will pee my pants before it is over! Yeah! This should be fun!!

4. What was the last thing you ate?

A sweet potato with lots of butter and salt and pepper. It was so good, I had a whole plate of it! That's it - just orangey taters for dinner!! :) The kids all ate broccoli and chicken and garlic bread and apples and PB but I just gorged on spuds!

5. Can you drive a stick shift?

Um. Nope. I have three kids. I am usually changing the DVD, adjusting the volume, pouring juice from a fast food cup into the sippy cup between my legs, refereeing the "he's on my side" argument in the back-back while driving and you want me to push in the clutch and shift, too? Really?

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Macaroni and Cheese - just because that is a hysterical name for a crayon - but based on color alone it would have to be PURPLE....it is my all time favorite color and why I love Bear In the Big Blue House so much - there are PURPLE OTTERS on that show!!

7. Last person you were on the phone with?

My best friend calling to tell me he loves me. :) My sweet hubby!

8. Do you like the person that sent this to you?

She is an absolute STITCH! I love reading her blog! She calls it ramblings - I call it therapy!

9. Favorite Drink?

Venti, non-fat, iced Carmel Macchaito during the day...on a date or out with friends I fill my MAMA CAP with big ole' MOJITOS!! Right SWATCOP??!

10. What is your favorite sport to watch?

"For the glory of old State, For her founders strong and great, For the future that we wait, Raise the song, raise the song. Sing our love and loyalty, Sing our hopes that, bright and free, Rest, O Mother dear, with thee, All with thee, all with thee. When we stood at childhood's gate, Shapeless in the hands of fate, Thou didst mold us, dear old State, Dear old State, dear old State. May no act of ours bring shame To one heart that loves thy name, May our lives but swell thy fame,Dear old State, dear old State."

PENN STATE FOOTBALL, BABY!!!

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?

Every 6 weeks I make the trek to The Bell Tower Spa to be pampered and that includes coloring my hair. My mom is a hair stylist so my whole life I had her at my fingertips to cut, color, perm or whatever mood struck me! I am an artist, remember! The mood changes with the phases of the moon!

12.Pets?

We are proud parents and siblings to a 14 year old tabby cat named Monte' and a 3 year old black lab named Morgan. They love each other....I don't always love them. Monte' has a poop issue and when he gets ticked off at me for something he poops on my daughter's bed! He stays outside unless it is horribly cold. Morgan just drives me up the freakin' wall sometimes. You know how labs are almost human - well she is like another toddler to add to my day-to-day chaos.

13. Favorite Food?

Gourmet salads...like the signature salad at Cosi or the Nutty Goat salad at Peace-A-Pizza!!! YUM! I am a huge ice cream fan, too. But I would give up ice cream for the rest of my life if someone would come make these salads for me everyday. Kind of a safe wager, because I know none of you will be headed my way to be my personal salad chef! Pass the ice cream!

14. Last movie you watched?

The Game Plan with The Rock and Madyson Pettis. How cute! We had family movie night last night! It was a really good movie! The kids loved it - I cried - we giggled! Totally off the subject - my sister's college roommate's father was The Rock's high school math teacher! So, I am 4 degrees of separation from The Rock!

15. Favorite day of the year?

Christmas!

16. What do you do to vent anger?

I wish I could tell you that I exercise or take a time out but that would be a lie and I couldn't lie to you all! I EAT! I'd like to tell you that I reach for those yummy salads, but unfortunately that is not the case ... when the baby throws a tantrum and I put his down for an early nap - it is chocolate ooey-gooey ice cream ... after a hard day and everyone is in bed and I have the munchies - it's nachos pile high with cheese and sour cream ... if I am on a diet and I just had an unsuccessful weigh in - it's General Tsao's Chicken!!

17. What was your favorite toy as a child?

Totally easy. Lite Brite! Lots of purple pegs and a bright light! WOOHOO!

18. What is your favorite? Fall or Spring?

Fall means the kids leave me and head back to school - I hate that! Spring means that it is "teaser" weather...not quite warm enough for the beach or the pool but too warm for big comfy hoodies. SUMMER gets my vote!!

20. What kind of pie?

Not a fan of pie...too much fruit, not enough goop! I would like a chocolate peanut butter pie! That would be yummy! But with an oreo crust - no flaky crust for me (don't enjoy it!)

21. Living arrangements?

Hubby and three kidlets in a 7 year old colonial in a big development that sits on a former dairy farm! Our house back up to two tournament-sized community soccer fields...so when soccer is off, we have a HUGE back yard! :O) Gorgeous countryside sunsets with the bonus of playdates you can walk to! Gotta love it!

22. When was the last time you cried?

January 19th when Julian left his Mama and went to be with Jesus. Miss you, Juju!

23. What is on the floor of your closet?

Lots of clothes that I flung off when I was headed to bed and was too tired to put away or throw in the hamper, clothes headed for Good Will, boxes of mementos, summer shoes and heels I don't wear often ever!

24. Who is the friend you've had the longest that you are tagging?

Patti who has a dormant blog but is one of my oldest friends. We have been through Footloose marathons and cheerleading tryouts together and remain sweet friends. She's a great quesadilla cook, too! Now you have to update your blog, girlfriend!! :)

25. The friend that you have known the shortest amount of time that you are tagging?

Theresa who is a devoted commenter and has a wonderful spankin' new blog! She is a wealth of knowledge...add her to your faves!

26. Favorite smell?

Brand new baby heads! Oh my! Absolute HEAVEN!

27. What inspires you?

EVERYTHING! Drives my husband bananas! I am always coming up with ideas for new businesses, blogs, crafts and inventions. He says quite often, "Can you just pick ONE thing. Just ONE thing to be hog wild over?!" Poor guy...I can't. I really, truly can't.

29. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?

Swiss cheese and mushrooms, please! With a Nutty Goat on the side!

30. Favorite cat breed?

My tabby cat is my favorite but I think Scottish Folds are a close 2nd. They are the ones with folded ears...

31. Number of keys on your key ring?

Ummm...too lazy to get up to look but I think 5. How many do I actually use? 2

32. How many years at your current job?

10 lovely hugged-filled, giggle flowing, giant smile years! I couldn't be happier!

33. Favorite day of the week?

Friday - nothing pressing to get ready for ... just a fun evening with the fam. We usually do pizza and a movie on Fridays. Thank God for Blockbuster Online!

34. How many provinces have you lived in?

None. eh?

35. How many countries have you been to?

England, France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria...and my stompin' grounds of America the Beautiful!

Thanks Tracy! If you are enjoying this with me, consider yourself tagged. If you were reading this dreading to see if your name was one of my "tagged" friends, I am sticking my tongue out at you! :)

Scroll down for my latest SOAPBOX!!

7 comments:

Patti said...

ok, i love this and will do it if you tell me where to put my answers. the blog i started was for someone i was working for and i am no longer working for him.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I know what a Nutty Irishman is,but have no idea what a Nutty Goat is.

Anonymous said...

1. Occupation? Mom, Wife, Occupational Therapist

2. Socks...black and grey sport socks

3. Listening to...my husband tell me how to navigate through a blog and post a comment. He thinks that I don't know how to do it and I'm getting a kick out of him telling me. He wants his own blog but I continuously shoot him down because he would always be on MY computer!! So if anyone feels for him and would like to start a fund for his computer so you can read Swatcop Todd's blog...be my guest!!!

4. last thing I ate...my husband just said "his fist" after my last comment! He's so funny! Anyone ready to contribute yet?

5. stick shift? yep, my first car it was a requirement for me so I could learn to drive stick. My dad taught me and I vowed after that to never have one again unless it was a really cool fast car

6. crayon color...definitely RED

7. phone...my mother-in-law giving her directions b/c she is watching the kids tomorrow

8. do i like the person who sent this to me?? of course!

9. favoriate drink...water, but if i want something with a bit of a zing I'm right there with you kemper, has to be a Mojito!

10. sport...um,don't really have one. give me an exciting game of any sport and it's fun to watch

11. dyed my hair...heck yeah!!

12. Pets...dog Sheba, gecko Scamper, tree frog Froggy and hermit crab Doc

13. Favorite Food? tough one for me...love pizza and chocolate

14. movie? Stuart Little 2

15. day of the year? the first day you can smell spring and drive with the windows down

16. vent anger? depends...flip out or shut up

17. favorite toy? legos, Barbie, Little People

18. Favorite Fall or Spring? Spring but definitely love to see the colors on the leaves

20. (where's 19?) kind of pie? Chocolate pudding pie with chocolate crust..my mom makes it!! Delish!

21. Living arrangements? hubby and 2 boys a dog and then some reptiles. Nice split level home with only 3 bedrooms. Fine for sleeping but not for storage. My 4 1/2 year old has invaded our bed so my poor hubby gets the sofa by default. Things have to change soon!!!

22. cried...tonight shed a tear when our foster son rolled over for the first time

23. floor of closet? um really!!!!???? do I have to answer this??? clothes, shoes, packages ya know. the norm

24. friend...Jenny, been friends since 3. lived down the street from me started playing and 30 years later still friends by some sort of miracle

25. shortest time..has to be my new bffs michelle and anne marie. you would have thought we were friends forever!

26. favorite smell...did I say I like the smell of the first day of Spring??

27. inspirations? not one thing...many things, give me a thought or cause and i'm inspired, usually related to children and/or work

29. (hello people?? where's 28?)
plain, cheese, spicy? Cheese and kemper yes...mushrooms! love them!

30. favorite cat breed? my husband just said dead. not a fan of cats, not gonna lie. Have to thank my dad for that

31. keys on key ring? probably about 6, nothing crazy just give me the basics and i'm good

32. years at current job....12
33. fav. day of the week...any day I get to stay home with my kids

34. provinces...the good ole' USA does that count!?? :-)

35. countries? 4 bermuda, jamaica, england, scotland, reading, PA (input via swatcop)

Whew...that's over!! I DID IT

Theresa said...

I want to meet the 'husband'...he sounds like a riot! I have posted my answers. This was fun. Thanks for the plug. I didn't know that I was a wealth of knowledge. Thanks again!

Some great answers from everyone. Theresa

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

Great meme! Thanks for doing it.
And I love that you put so much thought into your socks like I do. I think that the sock is sadly overlooked!

Theresa said...

19. Hugs or kisses?
28. What are you afraid of?

Just visited Tracey and those two are missing on yours and mine. I didn't even notice. I'm adding them at the end.

Theresa

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

OOpps...it has been brought to my attention that I accidentally skipped a couple of the meme...leave it to michele to be all detail oriented!! :)

19. Hugs or kisses? Both, please. Chocolate OR real!!!

28. What are you afraid of? Dying before my children are grown. I know the Lord will take care of them but there is so much I wan to experience WITH them. :)
(eeewwww, i don't like that one!)